Tea Party Snacks
Unlike my previous recipes, this week’s recipe is a series of recipes. In one of my nutrition classes, we had a tea theme. So our snacks we made were small but all went great with tea! This week we will be making strawberry tea biscuits, tahini tea sandwiches, and cucumber tea sandwiches.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Butter knife
- Wooden spoon
Ingredients (Strawberry Tea Biscuits):
- Gluten-free cookies
- 1 stick vegan butter spread
- 4 packets raw sugar
- Strawberries sliced in heart shapes
Instructions (Strawberry Tea Biscuits):
- Mix the vegan butter and sugar in a bowl
- Spread biscuits or the gluten-free cookies with a thin layer of the sweetened butter topping.
- Top the covered biscuits or cookies with two slices of strawberries.
Very fresh and sweet! The dessert of the tea snacks.
Ingredients (Cucumber Tea Sandwiches):
- 1 English cucumber
- Light cream cheese
- White bread
- Fresh dill
Instructions (Cucumber Tea Sandwiches):
- Rinse the cucumber and dill with cool running water.
- Score sides of cucumber with zester.
- Place eight white bread slices on cutting board
- Spread each slice with about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
- Place four slices of cucumber on four of the bread slices.
- Cover the cucumber slices with another slice of bread.
- Cut off the crusts and cut each sandwich into four squares.
- Top each of the squares with a small sprig of fresh dill
- Serve with small tongs.
Personally, the cucumber sandwiches were my favorite! They’re so fresh and crisp.
Ingredients (Tahini Tea Sandwiches):
- Gluten-free bread
- Sesame tahini
- Chopped walnuts
Instructions (Tahini Tea Sandwiches):
- Place eight slices of gluten-free bread on cutting board.
- Spread each with a thin layer of tahini.
- Drizzle each slice of bread with honey.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on each slice.
- Trim crusts.
- Cut each slice into four triangles.
- Serve with a pie lifter since it can easily lift the traingular slices.
For anyone who doesn’t know what tahini is, it’s a nuttier butter than peanut butter and is lighter in texture than PB. The reason why all these snacks are small is because when drinking tea after a meal, the snacks are lighter than the main course. I hope these snacks inspire you to have a tea party themed house party!